Thursday, June 2, 2011

Psalms 70:1-5

To the choirmaster. Of David, for the memorial offering. Make haste, O God, to deliver me! O LORD, make haste to help me! (2) Let them be put to shame and confusion who seek my life! Let them be turned back and brought to dishonor who delight in my hurt! (3) Let them turn back because of their shame who say, "Aha, Aha!" (4) May all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you! May those who love your salvation say evermore, "God is great!" (5) But I am poor and needy; hasten to me, O God! You are my help and my deliverer; O LORD, do not delay!

2 comments:

  1. summary: David is in need of God's help as his kingship and life are being threatened.

    Application: Lord I am in need of your deliverance daily. Help me to rely on you for strength and wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pastor Dan JacksonJune 14, 2011 at 9:38 AM

    Outline:
    • Psalm 70:1- David cries out to God to help him quickly and to send his enemies into confusion and shame.
    • Psalm 70:4- May all who seek you rejoice in Your salvation and confess whole heartedly that “God is Great!”
    • Psalm 70:5- Although God is Great. We are poor and needy, and we need His help desperately.

    Summary: David cries out to God for help. He cries out for God to deliver him from his enemies because he is poor and needy but God is Great and a savior.

    Application: Gracious God, if David (whom had thousands of fighting men and great wealth) considered himself poor and needy, how much more am I. I am unable to control life circumstances, people hurt me, hassle me, speak ill against me, and there is nothing I can do. My sin tempts me, overcomes me, crushes me, I cannot conquer in my own power. What shall I do? Give up? No! Cry out to the God that is much more powerful than I, cry out to the God who is much wealthier than I, cry out to the God that is much, much, much greater than I.

    ReplyDelete

Please place your summary and application here as a 'comment'.

THE FIRST TIME YOU LEAVE A COMMENT:
1) Once you have typed or pasted your comments, open the drop-down “Comment As: Select profile…” and change to “Name/URL”. Type in your name and leave the URL section blank. Click “Continue”.
2) Click “Post Comment” (you might need to click it a few times) until a box opens up where you will type the letters and numbers you see in the box for verification.
You are done! Your comment should post to the blog!
If you have questions, please contact Jason Perkins 920-421-2039.