Thursday, October 6, 2011

Psalm 144:1-15

(144:1) Of David. Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; (2) he is my steadfast love and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield and he in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me. (3) O LORD, what is man that you regard him, or the son of man that you think of him? (4) Man is like a breath; his days are like a passing shadow. (5) Bow your heavens, O LORD, and come down! Touch the mountains so that they smoke! (6) Flash forth the lightning and scatter them; send out your arrows and rout them! (7) Stretch out your hand from on high; rescue me and deliver me from the many waters, from the hand of foreigners, (8) whose mouths speak lies and whose right hand is a right hand of falsehood. (9) I will sing a new song to you, O God; upon a ten-stringed harp I will play to you, (10) who gives victory to kings, who rescues David his servant from the cruel sword. (11) Rescue me and deliver me from the hand of foreigners, whose mouths speak lies and whose right hand is a right hand of falsehood. (12) May our sons in their youth be like plants full grown, our daughters like corner pillars cut for the structure of a palace; (13) may our granaries be full, providing all kinds of produce; may our sheep bring forth thousands and ten thousands in our fields; (14) may our cattle be heavy with young, suffering no mishap or failure in bearing; may there be no cry of distress in our streets! (15) Blessed are the people to whom such blessings fall! Blessed are the people whose God is the LORD!

2 comments:

  1. Summary: David is asking the Lord to come down and save him and his family. He praises God for his ability to save and establish peace and take away suffering.

    Application: Lord it is only you who can take away the suffering and evil we experience now and for eternity. May we praise you like David as we experience your blessings on this earth. I look forward to heaven when there is no more hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summary:
    David prays for victory over his enemies. He praises God for His power and admits that man is but a breath of air and that we live a short life. He asks that our boys be like well nurtured plants and our girls like pillars carved to adorn a palace.

    Application:
    God, you can do anything and certainly can have victory over anything or anything You want. I pray that I come to You daily to ask you to do great things. I pray that I ask you to keep me from sinning against You. Please give me the strength and nurture me so that I am like a plant and that I keep growing in my faith and dependence on You. I am nothing without You… I am like a plant with no water and no dirt.

    ReplyDelete

Please place your summary and application here as a 'comment'.

THE FIRST TIME YOU LEAVE A COMMENT:
1) Once you have typed or pasted your comments, open the drop-down “Comment As: Select profile…” and change to “Name/URL”. Type in your name and leave the URL section blank. Click “Continue”.
2) Click “Post Comment” (you might need to click it a few times) until a box opens up where you will type the letters and numbers you see in the box for verification.
You are done! Your comment should post to the blog!
If you have questions, please contact Jason Perkins 920-421-2039.