Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Psalm 34

(34:1) Of David, when he changed his behavior before Abimelech, so that he drove him out, and he went away. I will bless the LORD at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth. (2) My soul makes its boast in the LORD; let the humble hear and be glad. (3) Oh, magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together! (4) I sought the LORD, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears. (5) Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed. (6) This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him and saved him out of all his troubles. (7) The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them. (8) Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him! (9) Oh, fear the LORD, you his saints, for those who fear him have no lack! (10) The young lions suffer want and hunger; but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing. (11) Come, O children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the LORD. (12) What man is there who desires life and loves many days, that he may see good? (13) Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking deceit. (14) Turn away from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it. (15) The eyes of the LORD are toward the righteous and his ears toward their cry. (16) The face of the LORD is against those who do evil, to cut off the memory of them from the earth. (17) When the righteous cry for help, the LORD hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. (18) The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. (19) Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all. (20) He keeps all his bones; not one of them is broken. (21) Affliction will slay the wicked, and those who hate the righteous will be condemned. (22) The LORD redeems the life of his servants; none of those who take refuge in him will be condemned.

2 comments:

  1. Summary: David rejoices in the LORD who delivers and redeems the righteous who fear him and call on His name. But to the oppressive, wicked men, He will condemn.

    Application: LORD God, when I am “brokenhearted” and “crushed in spirit”, help me to turn to you and to trust in you and to call on your name. Let me not see my circumstances as an end in themselves, but as an opportunity to trust in you. That you will be true to Your promise to redeem me and protect me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summary:
    Praise God for who He is. God answers those who call him and fills us with joy, freeing us from fear and shame. Trust God and you will have everything you need. Fear God and do good, not swear, not lie, and try to live in peace. God rescues the righteous from the many troubles they will face. Those who serve and trust God will be freely pardoned.

    Application:
    God, there is so much in this passage… it summarizes much of the relationship I should strive for with you. I need to recognize my sins and fear the consequences of them and You. I need to trust you with everything… all the needs that You know that I need. You have a plan for me and I need to trust You. I need to call out to you… I don’t do that very well, I don’t talk to you like I should. Help me to fear, love, and trust You God. Thank you so much for saving me!

    ReplyDelete

Please place your summary and application here as a 'comment'.

THE FIRST TIME YOU LEAVE A COMMENT:
1) Once you have typed or pasted your comments, open the drop-down “Comment As: Select profile…” and change to “Name/URL”. Type in your name and leave the URL section blank. Click “Continue”.
2) Click “Post Comment” (you might need to click it a few times) until a box opens up where you will type the letters and numbers you see in the box for verification.
You are done! Your comment should post to the blog!
If you have questions, please contact Jason Perkins 920-421-2039.