The purpose of this blog is to mutually encourage one another with understanding and applying the Word of God.
Scripture passages will be posted Monday-Friday and are in chronological order.
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
2 comments:
Please place your summary and application here as a 'comment'.
THE FIRST TIME YOU LEAVE A COMMENT:
1) Once you have typed or pasted your comments, open the drop-down “Comment As: Select profile…” and change to “Name/URL”. Type in your name and leave the URL section blank. Click “Continue”.
2) Click “Post Comment” (you might need to click it a few times) until a box opens up where you will type the letters and numbers you see in the box for verification.
You are done! Your comment should post to the blog!
If you have questions, please contact Jason Perkins 920-421-2039.
Summary: David professes that He will trust in the steadfast love of God, because it will triumph over the wickedness of men.
ReplyDeleteApplication: LORD God.
When men attack You and when men attack me, I will trust Your steadfast love will win.
When men attack Your Word and Your Holiness, I will trust Your steadfast love will win.
When men attack Your Gospel of Jesus Christ, I will trust Your steadfast love will win.
When sin is tempting and life seems desperate, I will trust Your steadfast love will win.
When marriage is hard and children are challenging, I will trust Your steadfast love will win.
When my wickedness is deep and my record of wrongs is heavy, I will trust Your steadfast love will win.
Summary:
ReplyDeleteDoeg is very proud of himself and is looked upon as a hero… though he lies and is evil. God will take Doeg and those who trust their own wealth and wickedness from the living for ever, while the righteous laugh at those who don’t trust God. David compares himself to an olive tree (one of the longest living trees) in the house of God and His unfailing love forever and ever with His people.
Application:
God, help me to realize when I have been successful at something weather it was for You or for evil. Just because I do well at something does not mean it was in Your will. I should never trust myself or my money to take care of me… as only You can do that. Help me to not be angry at the evil people around me as those evil people who don’t trust in You will live a short life and die. Thank you for the chance to live in heaven with You for ever and ever!