(56:1) To the choirmaster: according to The Dove on Far-off Terebinths. A Miktam of David, when the Philistines seized him in Gath. Be gracious to me, O God, for man tramples on me; all day long an attacker oppresses me; (2) my enemies trample on me all day long, for many attack me proudly. (3) When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. (4) In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me? (5) All day long they injure my cause; all their thoughts are against me for evil. (6) They stir up strife, they lurk; they watch my steps, as they have waited for my life. (7) For their crime will they escape? In wrath cast down the peoples, O God! (8) You have kept count of my tossings; put my tears in your bottle. Are they not in your book? (9) Then my enemies will turn back in the day when I call. This I know, that God is for me. (10) In God, whose word I praise, in the LORD, whose word I praise, (11) in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can man do to me? (12) I must perform my vows to you, O God; I will render thank offerings to you. (13) For you have delivered my soul from death, yes, my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of life.
The purpose of this blog is to mutually encourage one another with understanding and applying the Word of God.
Scripture passages will be posted Monday-Friday and are in chronological order.
Thursday, March 10, 2011
2 comments:
Please place your summary and application here as a 'comment'.
THE FIRST TIME YOU LEAVE A COMMENT:
1) Once you have typed or pasted your comments, open the drop-down “Comment As: Select profile…” and change to “Name/URL”. Type in your name and leave the URL section blank. Click “Continue”.
2) Click “Post Comment” (you might need to click it a few times) until a box opens up where you will type the letters and numbers you see in the box for verification.
You are done! Your comment should post to the blog!
If you have questions, please contact Jason Perkins 920-421-2039.
Summary: David in a place of vulnerability, in the midst of being pursued by his oppressors, writes this Psalm of confidence. That the LORD God is for him, therefore, he has no fear of death and can walk in the light of God.
ReplyDeleteApplication: LORD God, I confess openly I fear man. It is obvious because if I did not, certainly I would share my faith more boldly. LORD God, help me to rest in you alone, trusting your power and strength on my behalf. Knowing that You are for me and therefore, no enemy can stand against me.
Summary:
ReplyDeleteDavid is constantly attacked. David isn’t afraid of other people and the physical harm they might do since they can’t take away his Christianity. God hears every single thought of David and never forgets anything… he is there for David always. David promises to fulfill his vows and praises God for saving him from slipping and from death. He understands that God saved him from hell and he has life due to God.
Application:
God, though I shouldn’t be, I am afraid of other people and how they may harm me with their words or actions. I need to remember that nothing people can do to me can really harm me since the most important thing is that I am a Christian and am going home to Heaven. God, it is unbelievable that you hear every bit of pain that I go through and that you know every thought in my mind… why would I ever be afraid of anything knowing that You are right here with me the whole time! I am so sinful and to think you are here watching my every thought and action even though I disobey you all the time! Thank you sooooooooo much for sending your Son to save me!